The University of Vienna (15 faculties, 4 centres, about 174 fields of study, approx. 9.500 members of staff, more than 94.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.03.2018 of a
at the Faculty of Social Sciences
Reference number: 7960
As stated in its development plan (http://www.univie.ac.at/rektorenteam/ug2002/entwicklungs plan.html) the University of Vienna aims at strengthening its position as a major research-oriented university. Key elements of this strategy include the provision of an attractive range of research-based study programmes, support for furthering the work of junior academic colleagues, and high-calibre professorial appointments.
The University of Vienna offers:
- An attractive and dynamic research location in a city with a high quality of life and in a country with excellent research funding provision
- A salary in accordance with the Collective Agreement of the University of Vienna
Duration of employment: 4 month/s
Extent of Employment: 40.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: Univ Prof. (KV) Gastprof. with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
The Visiting Professorship covers a vacancy in the field of Political Theory and contains teaching duties of 8 hours per week, including the introductory lecture course "Theoriegeschichte und Theoriedebatten" in the Bachelor Programme Political Science.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- PhD Political Science and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution (Austrian or equivalent international academic degree in the relevant field)
- Habilitation (venia docendi) or equivalent international qualification in the relevant field is desirable
- Outstanding research record and excellent field-specific scientific publications
- Outstanding educational and didactic skills as well as experience in university teaching in the field of Political Theory, willingness and ability to supervise theses, and to further the work of junior academic colleagues
- High level soft skills
Main research field
|Special research fields
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 17.10.2017, mentioning reference number 7960.
For further information please contact Kathan, Michaela +43-1-4277-47708.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 7960